Information about getting up and running on the portal.
- Portal Best Practices
- Introducing the New ISS Portal
- Something Old, Something New...
- How to Log In
- Reset Your Password / Forgot Your Password?
- Portal Quick Start Guide
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Inviting New Brokers to the Portal
- Inviting New Participants and their Circle of Support to the Portal
- Inviting New Self Hired Supported Employment Staff to the Portal
Portal Best Practices
We hope the tips below help.
Set firstname.lastname@example.org as Preferred Sender
To ensure you receive our emails successfully, please make sure to set email@example.com or the entire domain @issny.org as a Preferred Sender (sometimes called safe sender or whitelisted). You will need to do this within your email app or on your email's website.
Tip: If you are using Gmail for example, if any user accidentally reports one of our emails as SPAM, Gmail will automatically identify all of our emails as SPAM and will send them to SPAM. This means that if one person reports one of our emails as SPAM, it can cause email delivery issues for everyone involved (staff, families, the participant, etc.). By setting your Preferred Sender, you can prevent this issue from happening to you.
Logging On and Logging Off
The Portal is only accessible through your web browser. Please go to https://portal.issny.org/ on your device's web browser to find the login page for the Portal.
Visit https://help.issny.org/books/security/page/multi-factor-authentication-f45 for information on Multi-Factor Authentication and One Time Passcodes (OTP).
Note: There is currently no app. It is being developed.
Tip: We recommend logging into the Portal with a new web browser page every time you use it. This will prevent any issues that might occur while having the Portal open for too long!
Secure Your Password
Your Current Password
There are three locations you may be asked to enter your current password:
- Your first ever login. The current password is the new, temporary password that has been emailed to you.
- You are choosing to change your password. The current password is the one you had before and have decided to change. This is the process detailed at https://help.issny.org/books/portal-basics/page/reset-your-password-forgot-your-password.
- Your Portal account has been reset by ISS. The current password is the new, temporary password that has been emailed to you.
Tip: ISS does not know your password. It is encrypted in our system. This is why when you forget it, we have to reset your account.
Tip: The Portal and UKG (formerly UltiPro) are not the same. Your user name will be different. Make sure you are using the right access info!
One-Time Passcode (OTP) Not Received / Issues:
Please visit help at https://help.issny.org/books/security/page/multi-factor-authentication-f45 for information on Multi-Factor Authentication and One Time Passcodes (OTP).
Tip: Be patient! The OTP code can take up to a minute to arrive. The last code requested is the only one that will work!
Bookmarks and Favorites
We do not recommend bookmarking any Portal page except for the home page which is https://portal.issny.org/. Make sure you set your bookmark before you log in.
Tip: Although your web browser may only display "portal.issny.org", there may be hidden characters in the web URL (see image below). This can possibly cause a problem with accessing that bookmarked page in the future. Bookmarking the page as instructed above will prevent that issue in the future!
Clearing Cookies, History, and Cache
It is very important to routinely clear the cookies, history, and cache on your device to avoid running into problems. We recommend that you know how to clear cookies, history, and cache from the browser you are using.
Here are the instructions on how to clear cookies on the iPhone and Google Chrome browser:
Backup Browser and Device
We recommend that you always have a backup browser and device should you run into problems with one or the other. Plan for this in case your primary browser/device fails.
Tip: Not all web browsers are built the same! For this reason, some websites will work better on Chrome verses Mozilla Firefox. It's always best practice to have an alternate web browser to double check if a website is working or if it's your web browser having trouble!
Help Website Link
We recommend you save helpful documents and links and be sure to bookmark the ISS help website so it's there when you need it. This is always handy when you need to trouble shoot.
Be sure to save the links pertaining to your needs. It is safe to bookmark/favorite any page of our help website.
Tip: The help website's search feature is very powerful and a single word might get you exactly the results you need.
Still need help?
Always remember to check the help site at https://help.issny.org/.
For those looking for support for their Self Direction Program, please reach out to your assigned Self Direction Coordinator.
If you are a staff member looking for direct support, please reach out to our Staff Support Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email email@example.com for technical issues related to the Portal. We will answer you within 1 to 2 business days.
If you do decide to leave a voice message, please be aware, we may not get to it right away and you will not receive a call back. All issues and concerns are addressed via email.
If you do email web support, be specific in your description with as much detail regarding the problem, issue or concern as possible. The more detail you provide, the quicker we can respond and assist you in a resolution.
Introducing the New ISS Portal
Something Old, Something New...
How to Log In
Reset Your Password / Forgot Your Password?
To reset your lost or forgotten password:
- Click Forgot your password? underneath the Login button on the login page.
- Next, enter the email address on file with ISS and click Submit. Instructions will be sent to the email address you provide.
- Check your email for the instructions sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Open the email and click the blue Reset Password button.
- Provide a new password, confirm the password by typing it into the second box and once finished, click Submit. You will be taken back to the login screen after submitting your new password.
- From the login screen, use the password you just set to log into your account.
To change your password while logged in:
Disclaimer: All names displayed in the above screen shots are fictional characters. No identification with actual persons (living or dead) is intended or should be inferred.
Portal Quick Start Guide
Log in URL: https://portal.issny.org
- To log into the portal, navigate with your computer or mobile device browser to https://portal.issny.org
Username & Password:
- Your login credentials have been carried forward from the old ISS Participant Portal. Enter them and click the “Login” button.
Forgot your password:
- If you’ve forgotten your login credentials, simply click the “Forgot your Password?” link on the login screen. Clicking this link will take you to the following page. Enter your email address, press submit, and you will be sent a password reset link.
Your new Portal Home:
- Once logged in you will be taken to your new Portal Home. Here you can select a participant by clicking on the participant’s name. You can always return to this page by clicking the ISS icon in the upper left hand corner or by clicking the person button in the upper right hand corner and selecting home. Additional future options are planned for this page.