Editing Start and End Times
Support staff should record their time in real time. However, there are situations in which a staff person may need to change the start time or end time. Examples include forgetting to clock in or clock out.
To request a change to the start time or end time, the shift must be ended. If the shift has not yet been ended, you cannot make changes to the start or end times.
Change the start or end times from the Final Review screen:
- Upon ending a shift and filling out the shift details, staff will be presented with the Final Review screen automatically. To get to this screen manually, select the shift in eTime, and then click Next on the Finalize Details screen.
- On the Final Review screen, click Change.
- Select either start time or end time.
- Modify the date and/or time as necessary.
- Note that any changes you make could result in the shift becoming EVV Invalid, depending on the relationship between the original start and end times captured when the shift was created and the modified start and end times.
- Provide a reason for this change. If this change is greater than 5 minutes, the circle approver will need to approve this as an Override Request and will see the reason you provide.
- Tap Change Start Time or Change End Time, depending which one you're editing.
- You will now see the modified time, as well as the original time listed below it.
- To revert to the original time, select the start or end time, then click Revert To Original.
- When you are done editing start and end times, tap Done or Back.
Disclaimer: All names displayed in the above screen shots are fictional characters. No identification with actual persons (living or dead) is intended or should be inferred.